USIU-Africa Absa SME Enterprise Academy Program
United States International University-Africa in partnership with Absa Bank Kenya PLC is offering the SME Academy Program whose aim is to build capacity for entrepreneurs, with a long-term impact of improving their economic well-being.
The training is based on a tagline “learn, connect and grow” that seeks to enable participants to make critical decisions, network and grow their businesses. The training will be conducted using modern approaches to entrepreneurial training that include business case studies delivered by seasoned entrepreneurs, video lectures, pictorial learning, peer learning, design thinking, field visits and “do it yourself concept”. In addition, the participants will be exposed to the use of USIU-Africa learning resources that include access to the Innovation and Incubation Center, library, periodic workshops and public lectures delivered by leaders and entrepreneurs from Kenya and elsewhere.
The training will focus on ten modules namely;
- The Entrepreneurial Mind-set for business growth;
- Building resilience and strategy for Business growth
- Identification and assessment of opportunities for business growth
- Marketing tactics for business growth;
- Financial management for resilience and business growth;
- Financial forecasting for business growth;
- Enhancing operations and processes for business growth;
- Leading people for business growth;
- Financing business growth;
- Action for growth;
In total, participants will have 200 hours of learning in and out of the lecture hall and their assessment will be conducted through implementation of a growth plan, that they will be challenged to develop and implement.
- 6 Saturdays of class learning (Virtual Lectures) from 9:00AM – 1:00PM
- 10 weeks of mentorship, business incubation, workshops, public lectures and site visits.
Click here to download the brochure
Entrepreneurs with an innovative and winning spirit
Registration Open ( Classes begin on Saturday 27th February 2021 and will be delivered virtually)
Registration Closes on Wednesday 24th February 2021
Click here to register