FAQs - Admissions Office

1 How do I submit my application documents?
You can send the Application Form with the required enclosures by registered and secure mail to the USIU-Africa University Admissions Office. Our mailing address is:

The Admissions Office,
United States International University - Africa,
P.O. Box 14634-00800,
Nairobi - Kenya
You can also visit the Admissions Office physically or email the documents via admit@usiu.ac.ke
How many degrees can I apply for?
A student can only apply for one degree program at a time. Should the student apply and feel that they need to change their major before admission, they can request the admission office in writing to consider their application into the University under for a different major. After admission and during their studies, any change of major/degree can only be obtained with the approval of the respective Dean of a school.
I want do to only ONE course. How do I enroll?
At USIU-Africa you can enroll for one course as a SPECIAL STATUS (NON DEGREE) seeking student. This will allow you to get a University transcript with the grade obtained in that course for purposes of credit transfer into a full time degree program at either USIU-Africa or any other accredited University in the world. However for you to apply as a special status student you must meet the minimum entrance grade requirement into any of the USIU-Africa degree or graduate programs.
4 Is the degree acquired from USIU-Africa recognized?
USIU-Africa is accredited in Kenya by the Commission for University Education (CUE). USIU-Africa is also accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. This double-accreditation makes your degree recognized not only in Kenya, the US but also worldwide.
Which application documents must I submit?
The admissions requirements are set according to the degree program that a student is applying to. This means that the number and type of required documents vary depending on the degree program applied for. To get the exact requirements kindly check the following links for specific details:

Do non English speaking students take any language skill exams?
Students, whose language of instruction in high school was not English, are required to take an English proficiency exam. They can either take the (TOEFL) or IELTS exam. In TOEFL they are required to get a score of 80/120 in the internet based exam or a score of 550 in the written version of the exam or a score of 213/300 in the Computer based exam. In IELTS, they are required to get a score of 7 and above. Students who do not meet the satisfactory score are advised to repeat the exam till they get a satisfactory score.

Social Media