Important information on the 43rd Commencement Ceremony
As earlier communicated, the 43rd Commencement Ceremony is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 25, 2021. Following a resolution passed by the University Senate on August 18, 2021, this year’s ceremony will be held as a physical event on campus subject to adherence to COVID-19 protocols as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Government of Kenya.
The event will be attended by the graduating students ONLY, and will be held subject to the following health guidelines:
- All individuals attending the ceremony will be required to adhere to all the Government helath protocols issued throught the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education, and to all institutional policies currently in p;ace to mitigate the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Proper wearing of face masks and social distancing will be strictly enforced;
- The ceremony will be limited to the graduating students only with NO INVITED GUESTS allowed;
- All graduating students attending the ceremony will be required to present a certificate confirming that they tested negative for the COVID-19 within a period of 72 hours to the Commencement ceremony;
- The Karen Hospital, our Health Center service provider, will administer the rapid COVID tests on Wednesday, September 22 and Thursday, September 23, 2021 from 9am to 7pm on campus at a cost of Kshs. 1,400. The first 50 people will be free of charge.
The University, through the Office of the DVC-Academic and Student Affairs, will share more details on the ongoing preparations of the Commencement as they become available.
- Only students who will have completed degree requirements will be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- For all graduation queries, kindly contact email@example.com (Please remember to include your student id number in all communication for ease of reference).
- For financial queries, kindly contact the Finance Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Yearbook queries kindly contact email@example.com
We look forward to hosting you in person as you celebrate this momentous achievement.
Prof. Munyae Mulinge,
Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic and Student Affairs. (^)
More detail can be found here