The 45th Commencement Ceremony is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 14, 2023. The University, through the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor - Transformative Teaching, Learning and Research, will share more details on the ongoing preparations of the Commencement as they become available.
We look forward to hosting you as you celebrate this momentous achievement.
Prof. Amos Njuguna,
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academics - Transformational Teaching, Learning and Research
This is a survey by the USIU-Africa Marketing and Communications department to curate the best graduation merchandise for you!
Click the link to share your suggestion: https://forms.gle/NgdpJ3RY9agPAyjx6
CONGRATULATIONS on this Special Day! All of us at USIU-Africa are very proud of you and wish you every success.
Please remain with the graduating class until conclusion of the ceremony. The deadline for returning all gowns, caps and hoods will be Tuesday, October 24, 2023. A fine of KShs.1,000/= per day will be charged effective Wednesday, October 25, 2023 for overdue gowns, caps and hoods. Any graduate who retains the academic regalia after Friday, October 27, 2023, will be required to replace the whole set at a cost of Kshs. 10,500/= and still return the graduation regalia.
The link for FINAL Clearance process is https://clear.usiu.ac.ke. Log in as student and key in your student ID number to check your status. If a given department will not have cleared you, you will need to contact them to find out the reason e.g. lost equipment, misplaced books, lost items etc. The Registrar Office clearance is FINAL after all other departments have cleared you and when student ID card is returned. A fine of Ksh. 2,000/= will be charged for lost ID cards and the card-holders.
Degree certificates will be issued in the office of the Registrar as soon as they are ready and when all the above conditions have been met. Confirm that your Email and Postal address in the Registrar’s and Alumni offices are current for future communication and notification on when to collect degree certificates.
ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS!
Dr. Ruth Njeri Mwai Kabiru | University Registrar
Trust you are well.
The 2023 commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 14, 2023. Only students who will have completed degree requirements will be allowed to participate. Take note of the below important notices:
1. A PROVISIONAL graduation list will be released on September 13, 2023 from 5.00pm. This is the list that will be submitted to USIU-Africa Senate for approval and inclusion to the final graduation list. If you had applied, met all degree requirements, have no outstanding Fees Balance, Library Fines or Lost books and you find your name missing from the provisional graduation list, you will need to urgently contact us latest 2.00pm, Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
2. UNRESOLVED DEGREE REQUIREMENT ISSUES: Students with unresolved grades from previous semesters (F’s, Incompletes, NR, NC, IP, IS) or missing courses should urgently check their transcripts on the student CX portal and then contact their respective lecturers to have all issues resolved by latest Wednesday, September 20, 2023 failure to which their names will not appear on the provisional list.
If you had applied and met all the degree requirements and find your name missing from the provisional list, kindly but urgently get in touch with us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send duplicate or follow up emails as this will delay our response time due to the high volume of inquiries. We will get back as soon as we can.
3. GRADUATION MEETING WITH GRADUATING STUDENTS: There will be a meeting for all graduating students at the University Auditorium on Friday, September 29, 2023 from 11.00am to 12.00pm. Please plan to attend due to the important announcements that will be made on expectations for the graduation and please keep time.
4. DINNER DANCE: The graduation dinner dance will be held on Thursday, October 12, 2023. Information on venue, charges and more is as indicate below:.
Time: 7.00pm till late
Venue: Trademark Hotel, Village Market
Dress Code: Hollywood Glam
Charges: KES. 4,000 / Pax
M-Pesa Paybill: 516 900 / Account No: National ID-GDinner
Join us to celebrate the achievements, cherish the memories, and toast to the bright futures of the #ClassOf2023!
For more information, please contact:
Tiffany - 0791 495 514
Elizabeth - 0729 925 577
Stephen - 0720 413 874
5. GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENT: Graduands will be given 4 announcements free of charge. No additional cards will be available. Each card will admit only one person. Anyone without a card will not be allowed in. Children above two years will be required to have a card to enter. Digital tickets will be sent to your email addresses on Monday, October 9, 2023.
6. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY AND ANY SPECIAL NEEDS: Name of graduands with disability / special needs or with guests with disability / special needs who will be attending the commencement ceremony need to be forwarded to Millicent Wanderi on email@example.com and Elizabeth Wanjiku on firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 9, 2023 for appropriate planning.
7. GOWN ISSUANCE: Gowns will be issued at the University Auditorium backroom upstairs from Tuesday, September 26, 2023 to Monday, October 9, 2023; Mondays - Fridays from 1.00pm - 4.00pm; Gowns will also be issued on Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 9.00am to 12.30pm.
All gowns must be returned by Tuesday, October 24, 2023. A fine of KShs.1,000.00 per day will be charged effective Wednesday, October 25, for overdue gowns. Any graduate who retains the academic regalia after the Friday, October 27, 2023 will pay a fine of KShs.10,500.00 and still return the regalia.
By making gowns, caps and hoods available early, it is expected that those who wish to have studio photographs taken will do so before Saturday, October 14, 2023.
8. REHEARSALS: All students expecting to participate in the ceremony must attend a mini graduation rehearsal on Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 1.30pm and a major rehearsal on Friday, October 13, 2023 at 1.30pm. The Line-up will begin from Parking B opposite the hostels. Those who do not participate in the rehearsal will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. During rehearsals, the procedures of lining up, marching, seating arrangements, exiting, and so on will be presented and all matters pertaining to graduation explained. PLEASE NOTE YOUR POSITION IN THE PROCESSION. The line–up will be sent to your emails and also posted on the USIU–Africa website under the 2023 COMMENCEMENT PAGE at the appropriate time.
|DATE||8.00AM - 9:00AM||9:30AM- 12:30AM||12:30PM -1:30PM||1:30PM - 4:00PM||4:00PM-5:00PM||5:00PM-6:00PM|
|Wednesday, October 11||ACCT, FIN, CJS, JOUR, BAA, FPD||BUAD, IBA, GLG, TOMG||B.Pharm, EpiBio, OMBA, MBA-GBM, MBA-HLM||GRADUATION REHEARSAL||MIR, CTJ||MACS, MACP, MFT|
|Friday, October 13 ||IR, BAB, BTAC, SOC ||HRM, PSY, IST, APT, SWE, DSA||MBA, GBF||GRADUATION REHEARSAL||MCOM, MOD, MSIS, MSEC||DBA, DIR, DIST, PSY.D|
|Saturday, October 14 ||45th COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY||45th COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY||45th COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY||STUDIO PHOTOS (INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY)||STUDIO PHOTOS (INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY)||STUDIO PHOTOS (INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY)|
|ABBREVIATIONS - MAJORS|
|Undergraduate||Masters and Doctoral|
| || |
9. GRADUATION FEE: Students who completed degree requirements by August 2023 were required to pay only KShs. 5,250 for graduation.
As communicated earlier, the graduation fee was payable by June 30, 2023. Students with outstanding school fees were supposed to have cleared their balances as per the dates stipulated in the academic calendar. The graduation fee was automatically debited by Finance Office. All communication regarding student financial status should be directed to email@example.com.
Kindly refer to previous communication concerning the graduation charges.
Refer to this link http://www.usiu.ac.ke/payment-options for USIU-Africa payment options. Please do not send graduation payment confirmations to the registrar’s office.
Outstanding fees balances including graduation fees should have been cleared by July 7, 2023 in order to be cleared to participate in the October 2023 commencement ceremony. Only students with 0.00 (zero) balances will be allowed to graduate.
10. LIBRARY CLEARANCE: Please note that the deadline for returning books was August 12, 2023 as per the university policy. For further details, reach out to the Library on firstname.lastname@example.org
11. FINAL CLEARANCE: Students who completed degree requirements in August 2023 will be eligible for final clearance after graduation. The Registrar's Office will activate your final clearance automatically.
12. EXIT SURVEY: We would like to thank all students who have completed the online exit survey. We are most grateful for your feedback. For those who are yet to complete the survey, kindly take a few minutes and complete it on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GraduatingStudents2023. This feedback will go a long way in helping the registrar’s department in serving you better.
13. QUESTIONS: Direct any inquiries you may have to the following offices:
United States International University-Africa Commencement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, October 14, 2023 on campus to be attended by graduating students and invited guests.
USIU-Africa Security Department wishes to announce the following:
A. Access to the graduation ground will be through:
1. Main Gate (Gate 'A')
a). The Chief Guest and other invited guests will be dropped at the Administration Block, and their vehicles parked at parking 'A''.
b). Graduands on foot may access the campus through Gate A.
c). Staff and faculty members on duty will access the campus through Gate A and park their vehicles at parking 'C', SST parking, and Student Center parking.
d). Staff and faculty members will be required to have their access cards to be allowed to access the campus.
2. The graduands and their invited guests driving to the graduation event will access the campus through gates B, C, and D. They will park their vehicles in parking slots behind School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS).
3. Graduands will only access the graduation venue if in full graduation attire.
4. After the graduation ceremony, motorists will exit through the gates they would have used when accessing the campus.
5. Parking B (Bus Park) will be reserved on that day for the graduands’ line up and subsequent procession to the graduation square.
6. All motorists who will access campus via Gates 'C', and 'D' are advised to use the Northern Bypass road, and access the specified gates through Mirema Drive and Lumumba Drive.
7. Hockey pitch and Football pitch will be reserved as Assembly points in case of any emergency.
8. Security personnel will be on hand to provide guidance to all.
9. Sketch below indicates the direction to the graduation venue:
Click sketch to enlarge
Click map to enlarge
B. Security Measures
To enhance personal safety and security, observe the following;
The Security Department is looking forward to your support and cooperation to make this day a success.
Congratulations to the Class of 2023!
Benefits and Activities
United States International University - Africa values the lifelong relationship we have with our over 25,000 alumni. As an alumnus or alumna of USIU-Africa you are automatically a member of our Alumni Association. We are proud to offer all our members a wide range of exclusive benefits, and we encourage you to take advantage of these Alumni Association services:
Alumni Library Services
1. For KShs. 1, 000 annual alumni membership fee, you have access to the Library, but you can’t borrow any materials
2. For KShs. 3,000, you have 3 - months full access to the Library
3. For KShs. 5,000, you have 12 - months full access to the Library
Please note that for number 2 and 3 above, you need to add KShs. 1,000 annual membership fee.
Check here for payments options.
Membership to the Alumni Executive Committee
The Alumni Association is governed by the Executive Committee, consisting the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary and four other officials. If you wish to vie for any of these positions, you must be a paid up member of the Association. Further, only paid up members are eligible to attend and vote during the Annual General Meetings (AGM).
Participation in Alumni Events
The Alumni Office, working very closely with the Executive Committee, plans and executes several on campus and off campus events geared towards mentorship, networking, and socializing. These events include, but are not limited to Homecoming, Class Reunions, Affinity Evenings, Cocktails & Dinners, Breakfasts, and CEO Visits, among others. Plans are underway to introduce day and overnight trips at subsidized rates. While some of the events are open to all Alumni, a few are limited to only paid up alumni.
Access to University Counseling Services
This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association
Access to The Incubation and Innovation Center
Want to become an entrepreneur, launch a new business, or grow your startup venture? As you may know, here at your alma mater, we run an entrepreneurship incubation program for current students and alumni. We offer free entrepreneurship coaching, mentoring, training, guest speakers, focus groups, investor pitching, networking, and office space. This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association.
On-line Alumni Career Services
1. This service is free
2. The Placement and Careers Services (PACS) Office provides opportunities through Career Link for alumni to post their CVs, find careers, improve their careers, or help other USIU-Africa graduates with their career search. Our career services section features a password-protected online, searchable listing of the latest job postings.
Alumni Electronic Magazine
1. This service is free
2. The e-magazine is sent out to all members to keep them informed of the past, current and future alumni news and events. It also highlights selected new developments within and beyond the campus, which may be of interest to members.
On-line Alumni database (coming soon)
Financial Aid for Continuing Education Opportunities
1. Family Tuition Waiver: This is 10% tuition waiver in recognition of parents/guardians or sponsors continuous support for USIU-Africa. Eligible applicant must have two nuclear family members previously or currently enrolled at USIU-Africa. Proof of blood relationship is required. The Applicant must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (at Undergraduate level) and a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 (at graduate level). Doctoral program students are not eligible.
2. Legatee Tuition Waiver: This is a 10% tuition waiver for children of fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association. this waiver may be availed to eligible applicants upon admissions and is subject to availability of the allocated funds. The Applicants must maintain a cumulative G.P.A of 2.0 (at undergraduate level) and a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 (at graduate level). Doctoral program students are not eligible.
3. Alumni Graduate Tuition Waiver: This is a 10% tuition waiver for USIU-Africa alumni who are pursuing their graduate studies at the university. Applicants must be fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association prior to applying for the grant and must NOT be enrolled in doctoral programs. Beneficiaries of the grant must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and above for the continued eligibility and are not legible for the Family Tuition waiver or the Legatee Tuition Waiver.
This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association. For a monthly fee of KShs. 1,500, paid up alumni have access to the gym and swimming pool.
If you wish to register as a member, please click here.
|USIU-Africa||USIU-Africa Alumni Association|
© 2019. USIU-Africa