Reporting to the Administration Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing operations of the university’s Department of Health Services.
- Supervise and lead the Health Services department team
- Oversee the day to day operations of the department to ensure good service delivery and smooth operations in accordance with the university policies and best practice in medical services.
- Diagnosing and treatment of patients
- Carry out minor surgical procedures
- Oversee procurement of medical supplies and services
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- Advising and counseling of patients
- Handle referrals of patients
- Organize regular health education forums for the university community
- Follow up of the university’s, staff and students insurance claims.
- Manage the health services department to ensure the university gets value for money.
- Manage student insurance covers.
- Manage employee medical, life and group accident insurance covers.
- Manage the health services budget
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBChB), from an accredited university.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- At least 10 years post-internship working experience as a medical officer, 5 of which should be in a management/administrator role.
- Experience managing a busy health center or hospital for at least 5 years – as an administrator /manager.
- A degree in Health Systems Management (HSM) or a management-related field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Administrative/managerial/organizational skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
*If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 9th December, 2016
United States International University - Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.