Doctor of Business Administration(DBA)
For over 40 years, United States International University Africa has offered quality education to students from all over the world, with over 55 nationalities currently represented in our student population.
All USIU-Africa’s programs have been approved by the Commission for Higher Education (CHE) and the Accrediting Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), ensuring the highest standards have been met in Kenya and the United States respectively.
The mission of the DBA is to provide an opportunity for experienced business professionals to refine and extend their business knowledge and skill at an advanced level.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply emerging theories and practice in addressing interdisciplinary business issues.
- Apply effective leadership in a dynamic business environment.
- Apply financial information to enhance business decisions.
- Develop and implement strategic solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Design, conduct and disseminate research that contributes to business knowledge and solutions.
- 3 Year program divided into 3 semesters of 13 weeks each. 1 year course work and a minimum of 2 years of research work.
- 25 students per year in ultra-modern and fully digitalized doctoral classes at USIU
- Class times: 5.40pm - 9.00pm (Mondays - Wednesdays) for 1 year.
- Class times: Fridays (5.00pm - 9.00pm) and Saturdays (9.00am – 6.00pm) for 1 year.
Kshs. 1,500,000 payable in 9 equal installments over a three-year period.
Degree Requirements (81 Units)
DBA7000 Business Research Statistics (3 units)
DBA7010 Human Resource Management & Leadership (3 units)
DBA7020 Entrepreneurship (3 units)
DBA7030 Accounting and Financial Management (3 units)
DBA7040 Strategic Management (3 units)
DBA7050 Marketing Management (3 units)
DBA7060 Business Research Methods (3 units)
FIN7000 Corporate Finance (3 units)
FIN7010 Seminar in Finance (3 units)
FIN7020 Finance Comprehensive Examinations (3 units)
MGT7000 Global Strategic Management (3 units)
MGT7010 Seminar in Strategic Management (3 units)
MGT7020 Management Comprehensive Examinations (3 units)
Leadership & Organizational Change
LED7000 Strategic Leadership & Change Management (3 units)
LED7010 Seminar in Leadership & Change Management (3 units)
LED7020 Leadership Comprehensive Examinations (3 units)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (Minimum Upper Second Class or GPA 3.0 on a scale of 4).
- Graduate degree in a business discipline from a recognized tertiary institution/University.
- Have a minimum of three years relevant business or administrative management or academic experience and currently be working in a business or public /private sector organization or have access to one (so that the practical requirements of the program can be met).
- Applicants must have undertaken a research project or thesis in their graduate studies as a demonstration of their capacity to undertake postgraduate work at an advanced level.
- A one thousand (1000) words essay to prove proficiency in written English language.
Application forms are available from the USIU Admissions office or can be downloaded here.Click Here To Download The Course Brochure
Click Here Download The Application Form