You are here:
Guidelines for Project Management (External Funding)
- All full time faculty (including those on paid leave of absence) are invited to send their EOIs to specific calls for proposals sent out by the Research Office. These are sent to the grant writer at the Research Office.
- The grant writer then constitutes a team and tasks assigned as per the TOR of the call to the researchers who have expressed interest. The team appoints one member to be the lead/principal investigator (PI).
- The proposal will be submitted to Vice Chancellor’s Office for approvals before onward submission to the funding authority
- If the proposal is granted, the research team through the PI will liaise with the research office to obtain the necessary permit from NACOSTI. Where necessary, the proposal will be submitted to a body certified by NACOSTI for ethical review and clearance.
- Before implementation of the project the Principal investigator, working with the M&E Officers will customize a project evaluation matrix which will be updated monthly in the research office
- The research office will prepare and circulate periodic progress reports, every three months, on the performance of the funded projects.
- The monitoring and evaluation results from the funded projects will be disseminated as part of the university’s research impact with adherence to the donor’s guidelines.
- After submission of the final report to the funder, the principal investigator will request for a closure letter from the funding authority indicating the successful completion of the project.
Category: Academic Research
Feed not found.