Office of the Registrar FAQS
The first time you register or use the CX system, this code, along with your student ID number will allow full access to your record, so keep it a secret! If you forget your PIN go to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Clear any blocks against your registration
- Enroll in at least one course;
- Pay your fees, either in full or enter an installment plan with finance.
- You must be officially registered to use campus services
You must take “9” credits to be a fulltime student for undergraduates and 6 units for masters and Doctorate students. Taking fewer credits during a semester makes you a part time student.
Before making any changes to your courses, you should talk to your Academic Advisor.
- You can make your changes on cx.usiu.ac.ke up to two weeks after the semester begins.
- You can also make changes by obtaining an ADD/Drop form with the Registrar’s Office, completing the form with the courses you wish to either ADD or Drop (or both), get the instructor’s signature, get your advisor’s signature, and return the form to the Registrar’s Office. This is subject to availability of space in the chosen classes.
NOTE: The University Refund and Add/Drop Policy applies
All official transcripts must be requested in writing and must include the name and address of the student, the name and address to whom the transcript is to be sent and the signature of the student. There is a KES500 fee per transcript (excluding mailing and courier charges when needed)
NOTE: Official transcripts will not be processed if there is a HOLD on a student record for unpaid balances
Official transcripts can be requested by:
- Completing a transcript request form with the Registrar’s Office.
- Completing the Transcript Request form at www.usiu.ac.ke