Executive Diploma in Industrial Relations
The program’s primary objective is to enable managers/professionals to make a more effective contribution to their organization, by increasing their understanding and skills in effective industrial relations management.
- Determine the industrial issues prevalent in an organization and recommend appropriate intervention measures.
- Provide transformational leadership and change management skills in an organization.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate policies and laws that touch on industrial relations.
- Undertake relevant managerial research projects in the context of industrial relations.
- Leadership and Management
- Industrial Psychology
- Industrial Relations
- Labour Law
- Research Methods in Industrial Relations
- Industrial Relations Research Project
- Industrial Relations Practicum
- Classes take place at USIU-Africa
- Fridays (6.00pm – 9.00pm) and Saturdays (9.00am – 6.00pm) for six weeks.
- Get specialized qualifications that improve your knowledge on law and practical skills required to work in industrial relations and human resource management.
- Become a more effective manager/professional contributing to your organization’s understanding of industrial relations management.
- The Industrial Relations Practicum takes two (2) months and involves students attending practical sessions at the Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) and the Employment and Labour Relations court. At FKE, students witness resolution of issues and employer negotiations with trade unions through such instruments as a Collective Bargaining Agreements, while at the Employment and Labour Relations Court, students attend court sessions and prepare case studies.
- While no formal exams administered, various forms of assessments used such as case analyses, individual and group presentations.
- USIU-Africa faculty and guest speakers are experienced practitioners in Industrial Relations and are affiliated with the Federation of Kenya Employers and the Employment and Labour Relations court.
- On successful completion of the diploma program, participants are eligible for 3 CPD points from the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Accreditation: USIU-Africa is a National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) certified training center.
- Students are allowed to use the USIU-Africa library.
- Any person with at least 2 years’ experience practicing in the Human Resources or Industrial Relations industry, is eligible to apply.
- Applicants are also required to:
- Certified copies of academic certificates (Diploma in HR or undergraduate degree in any discipline)
- Two (2) passport size photos
- Duly-filled in official application form
- Pay registration fee of KES 3000 to USIU-Africa.
March, June & September 2017
Tuition fees KES 175,000