VisionTo deliver superior HR services and competent workforce that will support the institution’s strategy
MissionTo attract, develop and retain a diverse and highly skilled workforce that will consistently contribute in achieving the institution’s strategic objectives.
The relevance of Human Resource function as a business driver in the modern work environment cannot be overemphasized. It is therefore critical that top and adequate talent is attracted and retained within business coupled with best practices which ensures employee engagement. The deliberate and consistent practice of such trends in Human Resources Management guarantees enhanced employee productivity and delivers institutional effectiveness. USIU-Africa has examined the programs and systems aimed at handling the people management and the related challenges through a suitable Human Resources strategy.
It is therefore essential that our human resource management is improved, current trend approaches are adopted and best people practices are effectively deployed. It is in this manner that the ambitious goals we have set will be concisely delivered and our financial, operational and overall service excellence will be attained.
Our Staff at the Human Resources Department exceed customer expectations by offering service and expertise that promoting diversity, fairness, respect and equality. We also assist Faculty and non-academic departments in managing the university's most valuable asset: its people.
Services offered at the USIU-Africa HR Department include but are not limited to the following:
- Training and development — The HR Department actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. We strive to improve the productivity of all employees by assessing university-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
- Diversity — develop and maintain programs, reports and activities to comply with and promote diversity and regulations of the University that relate to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Recruitment — maintains online academic and staff job listings that are updated as vacancies arise.
- Consultation services — works with Supervisors, managers and individuals on various topics including employee relations issues, policy interpretations, job search and recruiting strategies, employee rights and responsibilities.
- Employment record management and retention — Review and ensure safe custody of all faculty and staff employment records in accordance with the law and university retention guidelines.
- Payroll – Timely Processing of University payrolls, manage payroll adjustments, follow up with relevant government authorities and adhere to statutory regulations.