Dear USIU-Africa Community
USIU-AFRICA, GRADUATION SECURITY GUIDE.
The 38th United States International University-Africa graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday 20th August, 2016 at Usiu-Africa graduation grounds. Inview of that, USIU-A security fraternity wishes to announce the following security arrangements/ parking/routes and access control:
A. Direction /Route to USIU-A Graduation Ground
1. Graduands who will be walking to the university (before 7:15 am), and Staff who will be on duty on the material day will enter the university through the Main Gate or (Gate A).
2. Invited guests with RED and BLUE invitation cards will access USIU-A through the Main gate.
3. Invited guests with RED invitation cards will alight at Parking A and park their vehicles at parking A while guests with BLUE invitation cards will alight at Parking C and park their vehicles at the parking C.
4. Parking Bwill be reserved on that day for the graduands line up and subsequent procession to the graduation square.
5. Staff/Faculty members who—may not be among the invited guests—will be on duty that day and will be driving to campus before 8.00 a.m., to utilize the school of Science and Technology, Lower and Upper Library parking lots to park their vehicles. University busses will be parked in the open field which also, will be under security watch.
6. The invited guests with yellow invitation cards will access USIU-A via gates B, C and D and park on the open fields as demarcated.
7. Motorists from Thika, Kasarani, Mwiki, and Githurai areas will access gates B and C through Mirema road and Lumumba drive. Motorists from the City center will drive through the junction at the Mountain Mall (Naivas) and Uchumi supermarkets using Garden Estate road which joins the Northern Bypass road then access the university through gates B, C, and D
8. After the Graduation Ceremony, motorists will exit through the gates they will have used when entering the Campus. The Hockey and the Football pitch will be reserved as Assembly points in case of an emergency.
9. Those who wish to come to our graduation using choppers kindly seek security clearance for landing and further arrangements on crowd control to ensure that the ceremony goes on uninterrupted.
B. Security Awareness
1. Kindly ensure that your vehicles are locked and windows rolled up and vehicle truck locked to deter would be opportunistic thefts. Also ensure that you take care of your valuables.
2. Members of the faculty/staff, please ensure you lock your office windows and doors on the graduation day.
3. All lost and found items must be forwarded to CSOB security desk.
4. We advise that you ensure that, No vehicle is left on campus on the night of 19th August, 2016 prior to the graduation day on the 20th August, 2016. There will be no hawking! Any hawker(s) must be reported to USIU-A Security Officers or the nearest Police officers.
5. In case of worst case scenarios will advise accordingly.
We look forward to your cooperation to make this very importation day in the history of our great university a success and to the graduands congratulations.
Head of security
United States International University-Africa
REMINDER - USIU-Africa Commencement Security Guide