Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who can apply for on-campus accommodation?
All USIU-Africa applicants (students)
- How soon can I receive accommodation after applying for it? And is there a waiting list?
Depends on whether or not you are a local or international applicant. International applicants get priority. Yes, there is a Waiting List
- How can I go about applying for accommodation as student/faculty?
Students – Fill and submit a Room Application Form. This form is available online or can be picked from the Admissions Office
Faculty – apply through their respective Deans
- How many students and faculty can USIU-Africa accommodate?
Students – 256
Faculty - 15
- Does the Room Application expire?
Yes, it does - 1 year after the date of application
- What happens if I still do not have a room after 1 year from the date of application?
Please reapply for a position.
- What is the cost of accommodation on campus?
- Are there single or double rooms?
All rooms are double (twin beds)
- What facilities are provided in a room?
Bed, mattress, study chair & table, wardrobe, book shelf
- What are the leisure facilities offered in the USIU-Africa hostels?
Two TV rooms, indoor games and board games
- How is the security for students or faculty who stay on campus?
Excellent. Hostel entrances are staffed by hostel receptionists round the clock, seven days a week
- If I am staying on campus, what are the numbers I can call in case of emergency?
Ext. 262, 202, 327, 279, 266 – all available 24 hours a day
- Can I have guests over when staying on campus?
We do not allow guests who are not members of our community
- How many guests are allowed at a time, and is there a curfew?
The is no specific maximum number of guests within reason. The curfew time is from 10.30 p.m. to 8.00 a.m.
- Who cleans the rooms, and how often?
Room attendants clean each room once a week. All public areas are cleaned daily.
- Am I required to pay for the campus meal plan?
The campus meal plan is optional.
- Where can I do my laundry?
In the Laundry Cubicles provided for in the hostels, or in the University Laundry (for a fee)
- Where is the housing office located on campus?
In the New Block Hostel, Ground Floor