Program Assistant - Network for Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa (NIERA)
Reporting to: Program Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year, renewable
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting the Network for Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa (NIERA), Center achieve its core objective of advancing decision-focused impact evaluation of development programs through capacity building, evidence generation and policy outreach in Africa as outlined in its three year strategy.
The Network for Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa (NIERA), formed in 2018, is a network of African scholars across five countries – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Rwanda seeking to promote the use of rigorous impact evaluation and evidence for social and economic development across Africa. All NIERA members have completed a fellowship under the East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) Collaborative (a multi-institution research network administered by the Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) hosted at University of California, Berkeley.
Currently NIERA is hosted at the United States International University - Africa (USIU-Africa) School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension (SGSRE) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide program and administrative support to the implementation of NIERA’s activities at country and secretariat level.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of information including meeting minutes following standard guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to the Network in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Coordinate and support the management of internal communication with NIERA members
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E systems at all levels of the program including supporting country teams to meet deadlines and deliverables, analyzing and tracking performance.
- Manage the Networks online presence including the twitter handle and updating the website with relevant content
- The jobholder may be required to carry out other duties as may be required by the Program Manager
Minimum Educational/Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, development or any other relevant degree from an accredited University. Master's degree not required but advantageous.
- At least three years’ relevant experience with administrative tasks.
- Project management experience is an asset
- Work experience in administrative support of research programs at national or regional institutions is an advantage.
- Proven experience of managing events, social media pages and logistics
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team work and Time management
- Research and analytical skills
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, August 16, 2019 to:
Director of Administration,
United States International University - Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya