ICT Assistant (Internal Job Vacancy)
Reporting to the Chief Manager, Service Delivery, the ICT Assistant will be responsible for providing level 1 ICT support and where applicable or escalate them to a specialist.
- Capturing on the helpdesk system the details to all user requests as they come in via phone or email.
- Resolving level 1 calls (MS Office, User permissions, Internet Access, Printing errors, etc) over the phone or remotely
- Assigning level 2 and 3 calls to appropriate ICT Specialists in the various sections
- Ensuring that all completed calls are appropriately closed and users get updates via phone or email on the status and progress of their requests
- Updating the helpdesk knowledgebase with relevant information
- Installation of various applications on the various computers within campus
- Maintain all mission critical hardware on the campus – PCs, UPSes and Printers
- Responsible for developing SOPs and other periodical checklists for all hardware
- Provide on the spot training for students and faculty who experience difficulties using equipment and applications in the lab
- This job will require working in shifts
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or another relevant course
- Certifications in either Linux, CCNA, ITIL, MCSE or MCSA
- At least 1-year experience in a related capacity.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self driven and organized
- An attitude of problem solving
- A person of high personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge on Microsoft Office applications
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to email@example.com by Friday, August 2, 2019.
United States International University - Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya