Academic Advisor (Internal Job Vacancy)
- Advise students on program requirements and course selection.
- Assist in registration and orientation of new students and faculty.
- Analyze course registration and scheduling data and submit reports to academic deans for purpose of decision making.
- Design data collection instruments and analyze demographic data of students, including employment data, and to prepare reports for Academic Deans for purpose of decision making.
- Respond to program inquiries by parents, sponsors, universities, local business community and prospective students in consultation with academic deans and APA.
- Manage relationship between faculty and university on all advising and administrative matters including examination, class schedules, class room allocations and faculty class attendance.
- Analyze local and international programs and submit reports to academic deans for decision making.
- Prepare student advising materials and publications and assist in updating departmental web site.
- Analyze transfer credit applications for the academic deans and the APA.
- Prepare presentations for academic deans for student orientation and faculty meetings.
- Prepare departmental brochures and presentations in consultation with academic deans for marketing the schools.
- Prepare course and examination schedules in collaborating with academic deans and APA.
- Participate in the invigilation of students during final examination.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by APA or academic deans.
- Graduate degree from an accredited university.
- 3 years' experience in an academic/student advising setting preferably in an institution of higher learning.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to email@example.com by Friday, August 2, 2019.
United States International University - Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya