The Chief Accountant is in-charge of all accounting activities and is responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, internal control and cash flow planning.
1. Oversee the finance and accounting department
2. Implement sound internal controls to safeguard the university assets.
3. Manage all sections of the accounting department by ensuring timely reporting and efficient delivery of service.
4. Prepare the department’s annual budget.
5. Monitor implementation of the university’s revenue collection and credit policies.
6. Monitor the student billing system each semester for correctness.
7. Lead the annual audit by preparing the final accounts and audit schedules, and ensuring tax compliance.
8. Lead other external audits e.g. tax audits, NSSF audits etc.
9. Ensure integrity of all accounting ledgers by regular analysis of the trial balance.
10. Assist in preparation of the annual budget by ensuring timelines are adhered, to, departmental budgets are correctly captured and budget forecasts are reasonable.
11. Liaise with students, sponsors/guardian on payment plans
12. Review tuition refunds to ensure correctness
13. Review supplier payments, cheques, RTGS and EFT payments for approvals, USIU’s tax liability and correct documentation.
14. Perform cash planning and ensure a stable cash flow for the university
15. Review payrolls to ensure accuracy and correct statutory remittances
16. Approve petty cash payments as per the finance policy and ensuring the petty cash payments are accounted for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
- CPA (K);
- Relevant Master’s degree;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ( ICPAK)
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Served as Senior Accountant for a minimum of 6 years;
- Computer Literacy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good customer service skills
- Decision making skills
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
United States International University - Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya